IMMUNITY IS THE ONLY POSSIBILITY – CORONA PANDEMIC
On a daily basis, we are constantly exposed to harmful microbes of all sorts. It is a person’s immunity that keeps him healthy and protected. In the present scenario when more and more people are getting caught by the corona pandemic, it has become very essential for each and every person to focus on his/her immunity. Immunity by definition refers to the ability of an organism to resist any infection or toxin posed to the body by the action of antibodies. It is very essential as when any outer or inner threats come, a person must fight it back. But on what factors does a person’s immunity depends? A person’s immunity depends upon his/her nutrition, age, hygiene, sleep, vaccination and natural exposure. The most important of these is a person’s nutrition as our immune system is based upon these nutrients. Nutrition comes from the food that we intake. If we choose the wrong food, it can have drastic effects on our immune system. Adequate and appropriate nutrition is required for immune cells to function optimally. Various nutrients perform numerous functions to keep our immune system healthy. For example,
- Vitamin A and zinc regulate cell division and hence are essential for a successful proliferative response within the immune system;
- Vitamin C helps encourage the production of white blood cells known as lymphocytes and phagocytes which help protect the body against infection;
- Iron is necessary for immune cells’ proliferation and maturation particularly of lymphocytes;
- Proteins help in building up our immune cells;
- Glutamine is utilised at a high rate by cells of the immune system in culture and is required to support optimal lymphocyte proliferation and production of cytokines by lymphocytes and macrophages;
- Carbohydrates enhance and activate immune responses
- Alpha-linolenic acid improves the phagocytic capacity of Macrophages, alters membrane phospholipids, inhibits arachidonic acid biosynthesis from linoleic acid, inhibits the production of proinflammatory eicosanoids from arachidonic acid, and suppresses lymphocyte proliferation and cytokine production
- antioxidant protect the immune responses in individuals exposed to certain environmental sources of free radicals
- Vitamin D acts as receptors on immune cells and modulates the innate and adaptive immune responses.
Hence all these nutrients are a must for a healthy and balanced immune system. At Prakriti Organics,
we have a lot of choices of food products that can supply you with these essential nutrients. To name some,
- Honey – Honey contains adequate Iron, Zinc, Vitamin C, Carbohydrates and Proteins for your body.
- Turmeric – Turmeric contains Iron, Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and Proteins that enhance immune responses.
- Desi Cow Ghee – Desi Cow’s Ghee has high levels of Vitamin A and contains proteins that will help for a successful proliferative response within the immune system.
- Flax Seed Oil – Flax Seed Oil contains good amounts of Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), Iron, Proteins and Carbohydrates to boost your immune responses.
- Herbal Lemon Green Tea – Herbal Lemon Green Tea contains high levels of antioxidants to protect the immune responses in individuals exposed to certain environmental sources of free radicals. It also contains good amounts of Carbohydrates.
- Nutmeg - Nutmeg contains Iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Proteins and Carbohydrates. These will surely satisfy your immune system’s needs.
- Coriander Powder – Coriander Powder contains good amounts of Proteins, Carbohydrates, Iron, Zinc, Vitamin A and Vitamin C.
- Ragi – Ragi contains Iron, Proteins and Carbohydrates for your immune system.
- Chickpea – Chickpea contains Iron, good amounts of Proteins and Carbohydrates.
- Moong Dal – Moong Dal contains ample amount of Proteins Carbohydrates for your immune system.
So, choose immunity by choosing natural, pure & organic products that will cater to the nutritional requirements of your body and will keep your immune system fit and healthy.